Português of the Week

comemoração - celebration

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Airline Fracture

The check-in clerk lady cracked.

So I show up to my flight the same way I show up to all my flights--without any information regarding my flight.

I handed her my passport and said, "I have a flight to Rio de Janeiro around one." She was stunned that someone didn't have a printed itinerary and 10 backup copies. (I guess I could have at least jotted down the 3 digit flight number).

"Well do you have your Visa?"

I'm not an idiot.

After punching her keys as if they were a mini whack-a-mole game, she walks away in a fluster only to return a few moments later with boarding passes for both flights.

"Young man, you should always have you itinerary. Especially in a multiple-stop international flight. It just makes things easier." I nodded.

In her lapse of confusion and hysteria, she forgot to charge me $30 for my checked bag. I'm no psychologist, but aren't we as human beings conditioned by a system of rewards and punishments? Telling someone they did something wrong, and then immediately rewarding them is a bit contradictory to me. You can't scold a dog for shitting on the couch, and then give him a treat. It would keep shitting on the couch. I still don't believe in itineraries.

Oh and by the way, Rio is really hot. Like chicken-pot-pie hot.

2 comments:

Me said...

Dogs don't shit on the couch...they're perfect.

mia said...

Hahaha I think that's an awesome way to start your trip! Her forgetting to charge you $30 is a sign your whole vacation will be lucky ;)